Schneider Engineering, PLLC, is seeking a senior traffic engineer that also has the ability to assist in running a business. The position can lead to a full partnership in a very short period of time. We are a well-established Long Island-based Civil Engineering firm with an emphasis on traffic engineering, roadway improvements, zoning studies, site, and parking design.
This is our 31st Anniversary Year. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with a Traffic Engineering background and at least 10 years of experience in the traffic engineering field. We prepare traffic impact studies, review site plans for traffic safety issues and assess parking facilities for local zoning conformance.
A New York State Professional Engineering License is a plus.
A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Civil Engineering is required. The individual must have excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
Working knowledge in the following Traffic Engineering areas is required:
- Preparation of Traffic Impact and Parking Studies.
- Working knowledge of the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM), Synchro, MUTCD, ITE Traffic Engineering Handbook, ITE Parking Generation, ITE Trip Generation and AASHTO.
- Analysis of signals, signing and pavement markings.
- Prepare/review traffic and land use reports for land development projects.
- Experience with the NYSDOT Highway Design Manual (a plus).
- Traffic signal design (a plus).
- Knowledge of AutoCAD (a plus).
- Nassau-Suffolk County experience (a plus).
Salary is based upon experience. You must include a complete salary history with your resume. This position is available immediately.
Please email your resume and salary history to: email@example.com